one faint deluded smile

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Atomised and a Night Inside

About halfway through this 'world beater of a novel', given to me by a friend for my birthday. God, the pundits have reached a critical mass on this one - best author since ++insert name here++ and so on.

The frequent 'sidebars' branching into text-relevant science, politics and philosophy reminds me of Brett Easton Ellis' love of lists more than anything else. And I can't say I'm entirely riveted by the style. But it is getting a tad more interesting at this stage with some slightly hot sex scenes and some actual character development. I can only hope it continues to do so.

Off to a meal of snapper fillets, italian style fried potatoes and a crunchy salad followed by the tele. Life in the fast lane, indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home