one faint deluded smile

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Got It!

alesis ion

Well, my Alesis Ion finally arrived today! I took it out of it's cardboard case and marvelled at how lovely it looks. So shiny, so new, so... damned... white.

behringer kx1200

I also got a new amp - the Behringer KX1200 - which was slightly bigger than I'd expected but lovely in any case.

So I plugged it all in, turned it all on, pressed a couple of buttons and... what a noise it all makes! It's going to take me some time to get used to it all but I'm looking forward to new(ish) sounds and getting over that steep learning curve.

4 Comments:

  • Lucky you -- I still have an old (and battered) Alesis QS6 which has served me for nearly a decade now with a variety of amps (including an old Fender reverb somewhere). But my Mac's Garage Band / JamPack thing has sort of made the QS6 almost irrelevant -- sometimes technology works just the way you want...

    By Blogger Jimmy Little, at 3:23 am  

  • after checking out all the presets i can honestly say that, yes, this wouldn't really work well in a garage band although the 'rock organ' sound might be OK. still a bit baffled by the science of it all at the moment but i haven't had much of a chance to interogate it intensely. the amp is great, btw - cheapish but it sounds full and clear.

    By Blogger Phil, at 6:20 am  

  • So are we going to hear the results soon on The Slow Rip? Played krautclock again from the first slow rip thing very loudly in a cavernous sculpture studio down the road from here last night (again). Just the environment for it...

    By Blogger Jimmy Little, at 2:16 am  

  • i'm sure i'll be playing it on our next get together. especially as my odyssey is only playing monophonic after some heavy kybrd playing last time and the sydney arp service guy is, gasp, helping with the INXS reality tv show in the US at the moment!

    glad you like krautclock a bit. we must try big spaces like that ourselves.

    By Blogger Phil, at 7:25 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home