one faint deluded smile

Wednesday, July 07, 2004

Further Listening on Those Shown Below

Due to some unremitting need to post about all the things I'd recently acquired, some of the things I said were a bit too hasty...

The AMT really isn't all that soft after all. Still the same old over-amped guitar (nay, verily, everything is over-amped) on most tracks which I find sonically annoying more than anything else.

The Coxon is actually quite terrific but I still think I'll grow to hate it.

Gang Gang Dance are actually pretty good once they stop doing shit improv. I dunno - maybe it's all improvised but as soon as they add a steadier beat, some actual chords and some vocal lines it hangs together pretty well.

Junior Boys - not half as ordinairy as I first heard them to be. Lots of good melodies and, in the later half of the record, the disco-ish electronics and the vocals meld together very well indeed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home